Friday, December 16, 2011

EAT, Drink and Be Merry



You better believe it! A fruit and veggie Christmas tree and a blingin' door wreath!

Hi, friends! Tis' the season! Guess I'm feeling jolly with Christmas around the corner because I have already used a total of four exclamation points! (five)

It's been a while since we last chatted (I do believe I was remarking about Halloween's forthcoming?), so I have many dishes and delights to share with you. Firstly, hows about that Thanksgiving holiday? Not sure about you, but I did a pretty good job of stuffing my face with deliciousness.
My cute Dad carving the turkey
My brother's new PLS (parking lot special), Watley.

My lovely mom with the new pup and perfect Christmas tree
My grandmother, Mamie!




Back in the ATL, there's been lots of merriment. My friends, Mandy and Dara, came to visit. The three of us have been buds since freshman year of college-- we ran the Nashville half-marathon together that year! I also got to meet up with my friend, Christina, who was here on a business trip (< yikes! We are big girls now!!). 

Freshman year in Nashville at Cabana
Love these girls
Post-college...in Atlanta!


Christina and I discovered the food market at IKEA...Swedish dark chocolate? Yes, please.
We also ate at Antico...an awesome pizza place downtown
Last week, I hosted my first (of many) apartment party. What do Whole Foods employee foodies do outside of work? Eat incredible food, of course! We had a potluck dinner with amazing dishes like Purple Sweet Potatoes Casserole, Quinoa with Goat Cheese, Pecans and Cranberries, Curried and Jerk Chicken, and the list goes on. My contribution? Vidalia Onion Pie. 

My friend, Josh, and his gf
My friend, Kent, and I



Kent and her hubby


Desi and me
My fave Whole Foods ladies


Christmas cookies
frands



Happenings in ze kitchen:

Gnocchi with Butternut Squash, Toasted Walnuts and Rosemary
Germinated Brown Rice Butternut Risotto

Turkey Meatballs

over yummy, healthy pasta!

And with IKEA lignonberry sauce
Jade rice (yep- green rice!)
Tomato Bulgur Soup with Warm Spices
Finally got around to cooking those tofu noodles...with asparagus, chicken and a white wine butter sauce
Sounds unusual but turned out so good!


Tidbits:


New favorite site: The Cuisinerd ("Geeking Out Gourmet Style")
Check it, yo.


A friend at work has started his own hot sauce company-- Hellfire Y'all. It's awesome but is the equivalent of holding a blow torch to the tip of your tongue.

Sweetwater (not the beer!) local infused olive oils... I'm so hooked!



It's going to be a Whole Foods Christmas!



^Just in case you've missed this^









Tis the Season



Wishing everyone safe travels, lots of joy and merry making with family and friends, and, of course, good eats this Christmas and holiday season. LOVE to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment